Women's Initiative values the contributions of volunteers and is committed to a partnership between staff and volunteers to move our organization forward and support our programs. We match volunteer projects to your skills and interests. Volunteers bring talent, skills, knowledge, and passion and help our organization be cutting edge in the microenterprise field. Examples of opportunities include:
- Teach a seminar or be a classroom aide
- Use your area of expertise to coach graduates
- Translate written materials between English and Spanish
- Research projects
- Event photographer
- Outreach at fairs and festivals
- Administrative projects
- Help identify and cultivate media to do stories on Women's Initiative and our graduates
- Reach out to potential clients
- Plan and fundraise for future activities
- Give a gift and ask your friends to give too
- Identifying sources for fundraising including corporations where you have friends
"I liked the work atmosphere at Women's Initiative and enjoyed the projects I helped to make happen. I am positive that this experience will help me a long way in my career."
—Prachi Surti, Fundraising Intern
Special Opportunities for Graduates to Give Back
Graduates often ask how they can give back to Women's Initiative. More than anyone our graduates are best able to talk about our programs and services to prospective clients and funders. In addition to our usual volunteer opportunities, there are several ways that graduates can get involved in supporting our work.
- Outreach to other community organizations
- Make phone calls to other graduates on our behalf
- Talk to news media about your experience with Women's Initiative
- Represent Women's Initiative at fairs and other events
- Speak at a graduation and other Women's Initiative events
- Share your experiences with potential clients, existing clients and other graduates
Volunteer! Make a difference in the lives of low-income women entrepreneurs in your community.
Complete this application to help us match your skills and interests with our current openings. We will be in touch within two weeks of your application!
For more information please contact our volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
» Home | » Return To Top