Internships are available year-round in Women’s Initiative’s new Chicago operations.
Join one of the nation’s largest and most-respected microenterprise training organizations for an internship. Interns will help respond to the national crisis and economic downturn by supporting efforts to help low-income women start their own businesses and build their own financial security. Be part of the real change movement!
Since 1988, Women's Initiative has been assisting high-potential low-income women who dream of business ownership. Through an intensive 22 session program — in English or Spanish — women are enabled to start, or expand their business. Women's Initiative is a not-for-profit agency. Our mission is to build the entrepreneurial capacity of women to overcome economic and social barriers and achieve self-sufficiency. Women's Initiative has proven that women create jobs for themselves and others, access the mainstream economy, and increase their economic self-sufficiency when they are given business planning and financing support. In 2012, Women’s Initiative will be launching nationally in Chicago and New York.
Women’s Initiative is delighted to announce a formal internship program for students, recent college graduates, and other professionals interested in building their skills. Interns will support staff and projects in the following areas:
In 2012, Interns will begin in one of nine Rounds. Please note the application due dates associated with each start date:
ROUND 1: February 13 [applications due Friday, Jan. 6, 2012]
ROUND 2: March 12 [applications due Friday, Feb. 24, 2012]
ROUND 3: April 16 [applications due Friday, Mar. 30, 2012]
ROUND 4: May 15 [applications due Friday, Apr. 23, 2012]
ROUND 5: June 25 [applications due Friday, Jun. 8, 2012]
ROUND 6: July 23[applications due Friday, Jul. 6, 2012]
ROUND 7: August 27 [applications due Friday, Aug. 6, 2012]
ROUND 8: September 24 [applications due Friday, Sept. 7, 2012]
ROUND 9: October 22 [applications due Friday, Oct. 5, 2012]
- Development – conduct research on funding and donor prospects, craft compelling arguments for funding, support efforts with grants and reports
- Raiser’s Edge – work with our Raiser’s Edge specialist to further develop skills in this widely used database and learn best practices for utilizing this technology as a fundraising tool, update and manage our contact list or pull reports on an as-needed basis
- Administrative – assist with meeting planning and preparation and conduct other administrative tasks as needed
- Marketing – manage client success stories for projects as needed, conduct research for media outreach, develop content for website and newsletter
- Events – support event planning and logistics for local fundraising and cultivation events
- Passionate about poverty alleviation and women’s empowerment
- Excited to work as part of a team and contribute to Women’s Initiative’s mission
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and strong organization skills
- At least some college education or the equivalent experience, bachelor’s degree preferred
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred but not required for all positions
- Experience in areas of interest preferred
Interns must commit to at least 15 weeks, working 10 to 16 hours each week
Please complete our online application found here: www.surveymonkey.com/s/internshipap and email your resume and a writing sample (2-5 pages) to Katie Taylor, Research Assistant and Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
For more information about Women’s Initiative’s internship program, please contact Katie Taylor, Research Assistant and Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510-287-3113.
» Home | »
Return To Top