Capitalize Your Business
Our loan fund is unique. While we look at clients’ credit histories, we also know clients personally because they have been in our classes and we have watched them grow their business. Our loan application process is personal and empowering for all involved. The loan evaluation factors are: your business plan, cash flow, credit history, assets/liabilities, income/expenses, references, your overall business idea and money management skills, your commitment to making your business a success and to Women’s Initiative.
We offer low-interest loans (10%) from $2,500 to $10,000 for first time recipients and up to $35,000 for prior recipients. Loans up to $5,000 usually take 4-8 weeks to process, while larger loans generally take 12 weeks.
- Must be a Women's Initiative SuccessLink Member
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must reside in one of Women’s Initiative’s counties
- Must be a graduate of the Women’s Initiative Simple Steps program
- Company may be a partnership, but client must be at least 51% owner
- Must submit a complete application
Loans can be used only for business purposes. The following are some examples of allowable uses for loan proceeds:
Loan Application Steps
- Market Research
- Test Marketing
- License fees
- Marketing materials
- Inventory purchase
- Insurance fees
- Other Operating Expenses
1. Graduate from Simple Steps
2. Complete Application
3. Submit along with application: current Business Plan, 12 month Cash Flow projections, last 2 years of taxes (most recent if loan is less than $5,000), proof of any available household income listed on application (i.e. paystubs, bank statements, etc)
4. Mail or drop off: 1398 Valencia Street, San Francisco, CA 94110.
5. Questions, please contact Financial Services at (415) 641-3483 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you wish to apply for a loan you can download an application here.
Home | » Return To Top