Through a partnership with Oakland-based startup, LocalOn, we have launched a new Orange Pages site. The founders of LocalOn designed the platform with their parents in mind: small business owners who lacked the time and technological knowhow to actively promote their businesses online. The new interface is clean and simple, and serves as the central point for business owners to manage their online marketing.
The new site offers some incredibly powerful marketing tools for our graduates. With your account you can directly post announcements, coupons, or events for your business to your own social media sites as well as Women’s Initiative social media pages and the East Bay Express’ Indie Biz Directory.
Registering for the Orange Pages is quick, easy, and free!
In order to get your business listed on our site, you must meet the following criteria:
- You are a Women’s Initiative graduate! (You do not need to be a SuccessLink Member)
- You are in business! (No pre-startups)
- Your business has the capacity to take on new clients and/or customers.
To apply, visit: www.localon.com/s/wi
Contact Laurel Chen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510-629-0299 with any questions, comments, or concerns.
The new site offers simple, yet powerful marketing tools, including:
- Post Announcements, Events, and Coupons directly to the OrangePages and Women’s Initiative Facebook,Twitter, and EastBayExpress
- Edit your directory listing in the OrangePages and East Bay Express'IndieBizDirectory
- Connect with other local organizations and media outlet
A few application tips:
- If you operate your business from HOME: in the business address line, write in something generic (eg. Commercial Kitchen, N/A, Online Vendor).
- Find the category that best fits your business. You can add on extra services or products offered after signup, in the “Services/Inventory” section of the website.
- Please update your personal address and phone number. This information will not be published anywhere publicly, it is for internal use ONLY.
- Please answer the extra questions as completely as possible. This information is confidential and helps us gather aggregate data to use in applying for grants and public policy advocacy.